The objective of our one day event, is to highlight innovation and transparency and amplify sustainable solutions to many of the difficult challenges facing the industry, from the climate emergency to transparency of supply chains, responsible sourcing of raw materials and minimum resource usage in water and energy.
Orbit Consulting & Kipaş Textiles
Thursday November 25, 2021 All Day Event
Hybrid Organization – Zorlu PSM and Online
Circularity, Traceability, Digitalization and Raw Materials will be the hot topics of this year’s conference.
Experts from international brands and manufacturers prominent in their fields guiding the world in sustainability in textiles.
As Sustainability Talks is an international gathering, simultaneous translation will be provided in English.
Learn about sustainability topics from expert speakers.
Sustainability Talks Istanbul
We have four sponsorship packages available in sizes L, M and S.
Have a look at our sponsorship packages by clicking on the link below.
Orbit Consulting is an independent consulting firm founded in 2019 with the contribution and guidance of two leading textile companies with more than 30 years of experience. Orbit Consuting’s mission is to combine the valuable knowhow about fashion&textiles with the advantages of the new technologies. Orbit Consulting aims to guide its customers in their journey of becoming a more efficient, innovative and sustainable organization.
For more information, please contact us:
Kipas Textiles is one of the leading companies in Turkey and its region with over 35 years of experience, an annual production capacity of 80 million meters of fabric, a daily production of 330 tonnes of yarn and over 5 million garments annually. As one of the most preferred suppliers of the world’s leading brands, Kipas Textiles works on the sustainable production of yarns, fabrics and denim with minimum resource usage in water, energy and hazardous discharge. Kipas Textiles is tackling waste and pollution through environmentally-friendly production methods and the latest recycling technologies. Committed to making a positive impact in the fashion industry, 60% of Kipas’ production is made with sustainable sources. The company contributes to the SDGs in their daily practices and sustainable production methods are audited on a regular basis.
For more information, please contact us:
1st edition SUSTAINABILITY TALKS ISTANBUL IN PICTURES
The textile industry is one of the largest industries in the world where an emphasis on sustainability is vital. Through taking sustainable steps, textile companies can make a huge positive impact on the future of humankind and the earth. We can only talk about sustainability when economic, environmental and social aspects are combined.
We aim to recognize the business cases of sustainability projects in the textile sector and make them visible by promoting them. We would like to highlight the positive impact of these business cases and encourage sustainability efforts.
Candidate projects will be evaluated by industry experts and awards will be presented under 5 main categories.
• Which will create an innovative solution within the scope of R&D studies for a specific problem.
• Eliminating the negative social and environmental impacts completely.
• Having circular economy opportunities.
• Which will have positive impact against the challenges of climate change.
• Increasing energy efficiency.
• Creating product/process solutions that will lead to carbon and water footprint reduction.
• Which will support digital transformation.
• Minimizing and automating processes.
• Creating resource efficiency.
• Which is a social responsibility programme that onboards all members of the company, creating a positive impact for a disadvantageous community.
• Creating a change to prevent social imbalances.
• Which will provide advantages to reduce the negative ecological footprint effects.
• Minimizing the effects of an existing environmental problem.
• Creating a sustainable product improvement or process solution.